CLICK HERE FOR THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Saturday, April 26, 2008

Keyword Checklist...

Just to help everyone out, I thought I would make a little checklist when it comes to your keywords...this should help you out to organize them a little bit since they are some of the most important factors when it comes to search engines...without any further adieu then, I present the checklist:

1. Keyword in the URL
2. Keyword in the domain name
3. Keyword in the title tag (10-60 characters)
4. Keyword in the meta tag description (less than 200 characters. Long)
5. Keyword in the meta tag keywords (*Each keyword must be listed in the body text*)
6. Density of keywords in the text (about 5%)
7. Keyword Density of individual words (1-5%)
8. Keyword in the H1, H2, H3 headings
9. Keyword: font size (Attention = bold, italic=italic)
10. Keyword proximity to other keywords
11. Order of keyword phrases
12. Keyword prominence (Order of appearance in page, earlier = More emphasis)
13. Keyword in the ALT text(used to describe images)
14. Keyword on the site links to pages (anchor text)

If I haven't discussed one of these factors in a previous text, I will make it a priority to talk about them in a later posting, let me know if you have any questions or comments about any of these so I can get them updated!

Thanks!

0 comments: